If you're interested in trying something new, pregnant or not, I've discovered some interesting combinations of foods that are really good. (No, you will not see any recipes for pickles and ice cream--I'm not CRAZY)
First, maybe not original but definitely yummy: Peanut Butter and Jam Tortillas. I don't eat cheese, even pregnant I haven't been able to get myself to eat it, but you take tortillas and cook them up in a pan until they are a little brown and crispy. Spread peanut butter and jam on immediately (it will melt and be gooey goodness!) and fold in half. This is like a quesadilla, but no queso!
Second: Sprite and Root Beer. Brian has agreed that this is really good. Recipe is so simple, half a glass full of Sprite, half of Root Beer. It almost tastes like cream soda, but is has a zing to it! The brand of Root Beer doesn't matter so much, but you have to use Sprite. 7-Up is not going to work!
Third: This one is a little tricky and may not appeal to the masses, but it's Olives and Tortilla Chips. Mash up olives and dip tortilla chips. I like it, Brian kinda likes it, but it's new and different!
That's it for now! If anyone does try any of these, I'd love to hear what you think!
6 comments:
Those sound good! I am reminded of one of my favorite snacks - warm a tortilla, spread with butter and sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on it. YUM! I'll have to try peanut butter and jam today.
I don't know if I'm brave enough to try any of those- but thanks for sharing! Maybe I'll see if my kids will eat the PB&J tortilla.
My dad loves peanut butter and jelly tortillas. None of us kids ever tried it, but he certainly shares your taste there.
Peanut butter and Jam on a tortilla has been one of my favorite go-to quick treats. I love it. You are not crazy. I have seen people do the olive thing, but I haven't tried it. I will have to and I will let you know.
I havn't tried them yet...but I'll let you know. It makes me laugh to read the 2nd and 3rd ideas. See you later
Dude! I love PB and J tortillas! Good call!
Post a Comment