Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I'm Not Dead Yet

But, the internet is. I've been having all these wonderful post ideas, but our internet has been down for the last, hmm, almost two weeks now. So, I find myself at my parents home today and needing, thirsting, and aching to blog!!!

We've been busy this last little while. Brian has spent the last day and a half getting a swamp cooler installed in our home which will make this current heat wave a lot more bearable! I've been sleeping completely uncovered with a fan blowing on me cause our house is almost 85 degrees inside. Yuck, how did summer hit so fast?

I planted a garden a couple of weeks ago and it's sprouting!! Well, not everything is sprouting, but I have been so happy to get even a little green poking through the soil.

I'm getting huge and feeling so ready to have this baby. Last night, I was sitting on a chair in the family room and looking at my belly as Autumn was moving around and just had this overwhelming desire to hold and kiss her. Nine weeks seems like eternity. I've been slowly buying things for her and have a lot of the major stuff. I sure hope she doesn't come too early cause so far I only have five oneies for her to wear and I know that she can easily go through that many in a single day. I noticed my stretch marks for the first time about a month ago and was so surprised because I bought the expensive belly butter crap! Oh well. I'm willing to pay almost any price to get her here safely. Other than heartburn, which, yes Shallee can (and does) make you vomit, the only other notable discomfort is the fact that Autumn has finally learned exactly where to stick her feet so that not only can I not breathe, but I can't bend forward either! It's been so fun and such a miracle to experience all this. Is it easy? Not really. Am I comfortable? Not really. But do I love my baby already? Absolutely!

I'll post more sometime soon! Hope everyone in the blog world is fabulous!

2 comments:

Pamela said...

Don't worry to much about being all the way ready when the baby comes. In true first time mother fashion I was freaking out when i went into labor and we hadn't baught any wipes yet. Steve hadled picking that up on his own just fine (i'm sure Brian can handle whatever you forget) I have never been really pregnant in the summer so I feel for you with the heat. It is going to be great, just a little bit left:)

Alicia Bunderson said...

Don't you just love how the baby can fit in the place where you can't move or breath? Morgan did that to me all the time and she loved sticking her foot in between my ribs..ow! But dang she was freakin 9 pounds so i don't blame her. I'm glad you are getting a swamp cooler, ya its hot already. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy! She'll be out in no time.