Thursday, April 30, 2009

Getting Things Off My Chest...

Ok, time to confess some sins. Maybe I'll feel better once these are out in the open.

1. Sometimes, when the dogs are sleeping, I like to tickle their feet to see them react. It can be anything from a leg jerking out making them look like super man, to sending them from almost dead asleep to up on their feet in about .03 seconds. It's completely hilarious.

2. I like to make Jell-O for dinner and pass it off as a the "fruit" of the meal.

3. I serve hot dogs for dinner at least once a month. I'm a bad wife...

4. I have no patience for the drivers on the road that are actually going the speed limit. I know I'm a Driver Ed teacher and all, but come on, you can't go 5 over!?!

5. Whenever I wake up from a nap, I have to have sugar. I don't know why, but that's one of the reasons I'm really trying to avoid naps.

6. I can't make rice.

7. I haven't washed the windows in my house since...ever.

8. I think about my friends all the time, but rarely get around to contacting them.

9. I did all of Brian's homework for one of his classes last semester. Hey, he wouldn't have done it and I didn't want the money spent on the class going to waste!

10. I'm quite pathetically afraid of the dark.

11. I just recently came to the realization that this baby has to come out some way or the other!!!

12. Everytime I use the vacuum, I break it!

13. We/I've been driving with the check engine light on in the Saab for almost a year now.

14. Sometimes, we forget to pay our tithing until we owe $600 or more dollars. Those are VERY painful and challenging times to pay, but we do anyway!

15. I really enjoy the ease of Redbox, until I'm the second person in line and I have to return a dvd, which takes less than 30 seconds, but the person in front of you feels it necessary to go through EVERY movie that the box has and discuss it in length with their friends and family!!!

Ok, 15 should be enough! These have all been thoughts that I've had and been tempted to write whole posts about, but those posts would have been boring, so hopefully this wasn't too bad. Thank you for letting me air my faults!

9 comments:

Jennie said...

haha! I love it :) Hey, we'll be in Utah over the 4th of July (finally) so maybe if I'm lucky I'll be able to meet that baby your bakin' eh?

Holly said...

Ha ha- I've had the tithing problem before too. When we were closing on our house I completely forgot to pay for awhile and it took everything we had to get into our house, so I couldn't even pay it! I felt like such an idiot. I sure learned my lesson!
I never wash windows either. I think the only time I did in this house was when we first moved in. Ha!

Lacking Productivity said...

I hear ya! Especially on the Redbox one...I always want to ask them if I can cut in front.

Richard said...

First off, You are pregnant!? that is so cool. congratulations. Secondly, the tithing sin, yeah we do that to, and it hurts. Thirdly, it sounds like things aren't to horrible in your life if redbox lines are what bug you. Hope all is well.

Angie said...

You're funny Kimber! I love the utter randomness... can't wait to see you in a week!

Phannie said...

No, they wouldn't have been boring. And all you would have found out is how much like the rest of us you are. We all bond with posts like these. It's wonderful

Cheryl said...

I personally really liked the fact that blogs give us a medium to express things like this to the general(largely unknown) public.

oh, and I do believe that the dogs (Buick especially) deserve it at least every now and then.

Barbaloot said...

I like #1---but just wait until you do it with your baby. It's lots more fun when you tease humans:)

Mika McDaniel said...

Kimber... I am so happy to have found your blog! I am happy to see that you guys are doing well. Yay, for baby! Congrats and good luck, she is almost here!