Friday, January 20, 2012

Worst Winter....EVER!!!

I'm sorry but this has, hands down, been the most depressing and pathetic winter EVER!  I don't even know what I'll do if Autumn wakes up one more morning and runs to the window to see if it's snowed.  It's the saddest thing when she turns around, frown in place and says, "No snow today."  We haven't even gotten a good frost lately which used to be enough to give her a little excitement, "Look Mom, baby snow!"  I made sure and bought her a used play in the snow coat.  I got her snow pants and she has boots and hats and gloves...we just need some snow.  We were outside today playing in sweatshirts.  I normally wouldn't complain, but it's every morning she checks for snow and it's wearing me down!  I wish I could make it snow, just once for her.  I wish we could take her sledding and build a snowman and throw snow at each other, just once.  I love mild weather and we can go right back to this, but come on, can't it snow just once for my little monkey?  Just once...please?

3 comments:

Angie said...

My sentiments exactly! At least that's what I thought up until Wednesday when we got our entire winter's worth of snow in 6 hours and I almost died driving in it.

And then it melted completely and has been raining ever since. How lame is that?

At least the kids got to play in it for 2 seconds before it was all gone! I hope Autumn gets her snow!

Kalli said...

my kids feel the same way. I'm thinking if Feb doesn't bring anything better we'll head up to aspen grove or something and play in the mountain snow because they have to do it at least once this year!

Alicia Bunderson said...

do you realize it snowed just that day after you posted this? maybe keep posting about this and we'll get more snow!