We left the fire on all night because it was such a novelty to have one! Sadly, it wasn't a real fire, but I wasn't about to get picky.
This buffalo is right outside the spa where Brian got us massages.
This is some more decor from the lobby of the lodge.
What I haven't explained yet is that we rode the motorcycle, which is normally a great idea in the warmth of June. However, we do live in Utah where the weather has never been guilty of being predictable, so it was FREEZING!!! The day we were headed up the to the lodge, it snowed in the mountains. The lodge was at an elevation of 6800 ft. and it was bitterly cold. I tried to bundle up as best I could, but I don't know if I've ever been so cold on that motorcycle.
Brian faired a bit better than I did and as we completed our journey the weather got a little nicer. These pictures are at Starvation Reservoir which is incredibly beautiful. Anyway, we drove from Orem, to just outside of Heber; then out to Duschene and down to Price and then back home. It was a great journey, but my buns are still a little sore! Thanks, honey, for the great anniversary!
5 comments:
Yea! Happy Anniversary (late)!!!! I'm glad you were able to get away. How are you liking the new job?
What a fun trip! Massages?! I'm so jealous! For our 1st anniversary Brett surprised me with a stay at the Anniversary Inn in SLC. We stayed in the Phantom of the Opera room. I was pregnant with Dicie at the time, and dinner didn't agree with me, so I puked all night! So, like you freezing on the motorcycle, it was a fun but memorable experience! At least we'll never forget our 1st anniversaries!
Wow, everyone else is so good at doing something special for their anniversary! Good for you. We didn't do anything- again. Oh well. Tell Brian good job for coming up with something. I'm REALLY proud of him.
Happy Anniversary Late!!! I am glad you had a wonderful one year even though your butt hurt and you got cold riding up there. We need to get together soon I miss you guys
how fun! Doing something for your anniversary is a must.
Post a Comment