Sunday, July 13, 2008

How much is that doggy in the window?

Ok, here's a photo journal of what's been happening over the last month. Sorry I've been absent for so long...



For the first part of June we had to leave our windows open to get air into the house because we didn't have air conditioning. Buick learned that if he jumped up, he could see everything that was going on inside the house. This was bad because Shelby realized that she too could jump up--the difference between the two is that Buick would have to settle for leaning into the house, whereas Shelby could actually jump into the house.


We never took a picture of Shelby jumping, so here's one of her just for fun.


Oh, I'm happy to report that we finished our fence so the dogs are no longer hooked up to cables but instead are free to roam around the backyard. We think they're both pretty happy with this.

I got the urge to go hiking one Saturday evening, so Brian and I drove up to Stewart Falls on his motorcycle.



We invited Emma and her husband Kevin to come too. (Sorry, I can't remember how to turn the pictures the right way...) We got to the falls and ate a picnic dinner. It was great being outdoors and doing something active. I feel like I've been cooped up for the longest time!

Next we had cub scout day camp. It was a nightmare trying to get this planned. The week of the day camp, Brian was supposed to go to Timberline for a few days--that didn't end up happening. Then, because we also serve on the Activities Committee, he had to go to Father's and Son's the night before and we thought that the camp was in the morning, so I had to ask Brian's mom if she would come with me, but then it ended up that the camp was in the afternoon, so he was able to come with me. I was so glad he did. It was kind fun to be up there.


Now, onto the Fourth! Brian and I got up earlier than usual to go to the parade. My lame siblings didn't make it (yes I'm talking to both of you--Carrie and Erin!!!) But I was glad we went because we ended up being there to support some of Brian's family.
First:


Grandpa Furr came riding by in a truck with an army band that he plays in. I was surprised because he actually recognized me first out of all the people that we were sitting with. He was kind enough to play something on his bugle for us.

Next:

Brian's little brother, Tracey, was in the Orem High marching band. I was so proud of him for enduring the heat. When he walked past us, he didn't look like he was enjoying himself, necessarily, but it was fun for us to see him.

After a dinner of sandwiches and such at Carries, we went downstairs to play Rock Star. Carrie and I sang, Brian played the drums and Tom played the guitar. It was hilarious. I think I want a Wii just for that game. My opinion is that we sounded better than the Stadium of Fire entertainment. Sorry for any fans of Miley Cyrus, but she was AWFUL!!! Anyway, we did survive her performance and made it to the fireworks.

Overall, it was a pretty good Fourth.

Well, that's what we've been up to. I'll try to stay more on top of things in the future!!!

5 comments:

Joanna McGuire said...

It is nice to hear from you again. Where have you been and you missed yesterday so sad. We came to see you guys. I miss you so much. I am glad you had a fun June and 4th of July. Looks like things are going well and the dogs look so cute in the windows.

Alicia Bunderson said...

its about time you updated your blog!! I check it all the time and It was so nice to see new stuff! So we need to get together again soon for sure! Tara said she saw you guys on the hike to Stewart Falls! I wish I would have been with them to see you!!! and if you ever want to get rid of Buik...He's mine!!

Angie said...

It's nice to see what you've been up to! Thanks for sharing the pictures of the parade - I'm glad there's somebody that takes pictures to share! Can't wait to see you guys in August!

Holly said...

Your dogs are nuts! I'm glad you got he fence done so they can romp without tangles. Did you ever see the bruise my mom got from getting tangled up and knocked over by them! It was killer!

Barbaloot said...

Nice to see what you've been up to lately:) But I'm insulted on behalf of Miley Cyrus. Granted--I didn't go to Stadium of Fire, but I like her. So yeah-that's my really mature attitude:)