So, I'm not a flake. Really. I don't mind having a job and bringing in some extra money, but I've been struggling a little bit trying to find something that I enjoy. I found a job as an optometrist assistant and thought that it might be a cool thing to do, but the optometrist turned out to be a jerk. He would yell at us, belittle us in front of patients, and was just unnecessarily mean. I was blamed for a mix up that happened back in March, though I didn't start working for him until June. Brian was getting fed up with me coming home in tears, so after Dr. Codner threw contacts down on my desk and yelled at me for not "taking care of them", I was done. I went to lunch and never went back. It's been great!!!
So, in the meantime, I've decided to make myself useful and I've been deep cleaning my house, room by room. I'm pretty proud of myself cause I've worked hard and the place is looking pretty good. We're trying to decide what to do about the floors in the living/family room, so I haven't cleaned that yet, but otherwise I'm pretty much done. Which means, it's time to find another job...
While all this has been going on, we've been missing our t.v. Now, I don't want people to think that we are these huge couch potatoes who live through television, but we do enjoy winding down in the evening by watching some t.v. The dumb thing broke about a month ago and the people who are supposed to be fixing it are DRAGGING their feet. It's totally lame!
Brian has spent the last week working full-time on the big house trying to get the place ready for the four-way inspection. He's taking a little time off of school so that he can make a lot of headway on the house. He wanted to get his private pilot license first, which he did about two weeks ago. SO, that means he's officially a pilot! I'm very excited and super proud of him!
6 comments:
Hey Kimber. I don't even know where you guys are living. What is your husband doing ? Something about a house? Clue in the clueless ;)
I totally relate to you and working for Dr's. They are hard people to work with. They think they are so entitled. Glad you walked out. I would have done the same thing (and have) hang in there. You will find something you love.
I'm sorry you've had such bad luck with jobs! I hope you find something that you can enjoy. You can come up and deep clean my house! I'm so excited to brag to people that my little brother is a pilot - that is so cool! Just don't tell Brett, he's be SO jealous!!
Way to go Kimber! I wish we were hiring in our office because I'd love to have you come work for us! and Our doctors are really nice. Since you have all this time then we need to go to lunch or dinner sometime!
You are super woman for doing some deep cleaning! Too bad you had such a crummy job experience. I wouldn't be able to take that even for one week! I sure hope everyone survives building the house.
I am sorry I never called u back after we talked. I will call u back hopefully this week. That is great about brian in becoming a pilot. Tell him congrats from chris and I. I am so glad you got out of that job
Post a Comment