Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Say Cheese!!!

I'm tired all the time now. I don't drive very well and I am starting to learn every word of every song on the radio. I'm a photographer. I started working for Lifetouch Photography two weeks ago and it's been a ride! I photograph students and teachers for the yearbook or for their official school pictures. We start our day VERY early. More often then not, I have to be starting work at six in the morning and many times I work in Salt Lake...which means waking up at four-thirty or so. Almost needless to say, I'm not the safest sleep-deprieved driver on the freeway everyday.

I get to set up a lot of equipment and take it down almost everyday. I get to come up with witty comebacks for comments like, "Can you make me look like Meg Ryan?" or "Is that the lens that takes thirty pounds off my body?" (Those comments are from the teachers.) I get to try to make the scary gothic chick look, well, less scary (it didn't work--don't make a gothic chick smile in a picture, it's worse than the no smile "I'm angry at everyone" look.) I get to deal with the kids who can't seperate the motion of their heads from their shoulders. AND I get to bite my tongue when I tell a girl six times to look in the lens before realizing that she's got a lazy eye. It's a good job that's killing me slowly--how can I complain?

6 comments:

Joanna McGuire said...

sounds like a fun job. that stinks that you have to be up that early. If you come to salt lake you should call me and we should do lunch. Guess what we have season tickets for byu so now we might see you more. I am so excited.

Alicia Bunderson said...

Kimber it sounds great! You know you love children..thats why you went to school to be a teacher!!

Kara said...

You should have worked the 6 AM shift with me at IS!! I'm sure it would have been just as much fun to talk to the high schoolers over the phone as you're having taking their pictures at 6 AM. ;)

Nicoletta said...

Wow! Was this really what you signed up for? All in all it still sounds like fun and it sounds like you're having fun. It definitely does not sound boring. I've been thinking of you and will call soon so I can hear all the details.

Holly said...

Your job sure sounds crazy! In a way, I'm pleasantly envious of what you are doing though. You seem to have had so many different jobs and I bet you learn new and amazing things with every one of them. Also, you are interacting with so many different people and developing great people skills. You should write down all the funny, crazy, scary, whatever things you learn from this- it would probably make a great story!

Emily said...

Wow, I can't keep track of where you're working anymore. I don't envy you getting up that early. Ugh.