I hate Utah in January. Give me Utah in April and May. Give me Utah in September and October. Hey, I'll even take Utah in the summer, but January is EVIL!!! I woke up this morning and got out of my warm cozy bed. I got ready for the day and made my way for the door, but I can tell you, I was not prepared for the blast of Artic air that awaited me. I made it into my car, turned the engine on and saw the car reporting a temperature of 8. Not 80, not even 18. Single digit 8!
Naturally, it brings me back to a fond memory of my sophmore year at BYU. Again, it was January (if I could spit on the month, I would) and I was headed out the door for my 8:00am religion class (truth be told, I don't think I'm capable of feeling the Spirit at 8:00 in the morning). I glanced at the atomic clock in my parents kitchen and it said that the air outside was a balmy 5 degrees. I shuttered and zipped up my coat and wrapped my scarf around me a little tighter. Once I got to campus, I made my way to the JSB. Picture this: one black wool coat, ear warmers, two pairs of gloves, a scarf and two pairs of socks (I wish I were kidding but I wasn't going to freeze.) I can barely move, but I'm making progress when I look up and see a guy walking towards me. He was in a long sleeve t-shirt, basketball shorts and flip-flops. Really.
I hate January!
7 comments:
I hate January too!!! I hate the cold. I love Utah in those months as well. People are crazy when they are in shorts and flip flops in the freezing cold, weirdos.
Have you seen Grandpa Gardner? The poor man wears his winter coat INSIDE all day long when possible! He's always freezing. Poor Grandma is dying from having the furnace turned up so high. ( : I hear you, I can't stand the cold. I got frostbite last year for crying out loud! The best present Ben gave me this year was an electric blanket and wool socks. ( :
I hate to be the one to feel no pitty for you but i must say the the mid west is way worse then Utah. Just look on the bright side. It will only last for a little while. Just wait in no time you will be ready to be the one outside in shorts and flip flop
With love from Indiana
Ya I don't like the cold either, but I love hot chocolate when its cold outside!!
I couldn't agree more. What is with this month in UT? I curl up on my couch with so many layers & turn on the space heater & cover myself in a blanket...still I am shivering. It's always January that I wish I lived somewhere else.
So, I have to laugh that we both have the same background! What can I say, you have good taste! HEHE. Thanks for lending your husband to come help un-stuck me the other daay. Oh, when can we do another movie night? :)
YA, that is why I live in Arizona~
Post a Comment