When in need of advice and opinion, I don't make phone calls, I go directly to my blog and hope that my favorite mothers out in blog world happen to stop by and comment on my blog!
Here's the deal: I need advice and opinion. All opinions will be considered with much thought and I hope to be able to make a decision using your collective wisdom! (P.S. Even if you're not a mother, but you have some feelings one way or the other, please don't hesitate to help me out!!! You're opinion is valued and appreciated too!)
The Problem: I am 98% positive that I can't breastfeed. My doctors have almost all decided that they would rather I not come off my medication to breastfeed, not to mention that even if I did come off my medication, I may not even make breast milk. (For those who don't know, I'm on a medication that keeps a small, but potent, brain tumor from growing and causing problems. If you'd like more details, let me know!)
So, I'm trying to decide what to do with my baby, meaning, do I still have her sleep in a cradle in my room, or since I have to get up and go to the kitchen anyway, do I just start her sleeping in her own room, in her own crib? That's all I'm going to ask and I look forward to your inspiration!
11 comments:
Yee-haw! Us mothers just LOVE dishing out our opinions and advice, especially when given such an open invitation! (tee-hee) So, here's mine: Put her in her own room!! Like totally. You have such a cute crib and bedding and it will be all decked out just for her, why not start her in there right off.
More important than the cutesy room (though it may be debatable whether or not there is anything more important), YOU will sleep better with baby a little farther away from you. Instead of waking with every rustle and sigh she makes, you will only be awakened by her more urgent needs. Not only is this good for your (and Daddy's) sanity, but she will probably learn to sleep for longer periods at a time.
Oh, and speaking of Daddy, how fabulous is this: bottle-fed babies need not always be attended to by their mothers...
Hey Kimber, I was just blog hopping and came to yours. Congrats on your pregnancy :-) and I definitely say put her in her own room! I always put my kids in their own rooms even though I am breastfeeding- the better and earlier they sleep in their cribs, the easier your life will be! Good luck with everything!
Put the baby in her own room! Even when we used a bassinette the baby was in the other room. I just got up and nursed them in their room or on the couch and the same would apply for bottle-feeding.
I'd agree with everyone else- put her in her own room. They really do rustle and snort and make all kinds of funny baby noises. They'll make funny noises for a good 10 minutes before really waking up sometimes, so you end up missing 10 more minutes of sleep before you really have to get up to feed 'em! Ben can't sleep with the noise of the baby and especially the noise of the baby eating in the same room. They gulp and gasp and choke and whatever while eating, so it's nice to just take 'em elsewhere anyway to save your spouse's sanity.
I have a tip on the whole bottle feeding thing too- since that's mostly what I've had to do. I kept a jar of water warm with a beverage warmer. It's not a candle warmer as those can tend to get the water too hot- it's called a beverage warmer and I'd assume most people use them to keep a mug of coffee warm. I just used a canning jar on it and filled it with fresh water once or twice a day to keep warm. Then I didn't have to stand at the sink with a crying baby for 5 minutes until the water finally got warm! Good luck with everything!
Yes! I agree with everyone else. I have started bot of my babies out in their own rooms. It helps you & your husband sleep better. You need every ounce of it you can get. It is nice in a way that you'll be only bottle feeding because you can get so much more help that way.
Pretty much the same advice everyoneelse gave, now that I read through all of the other comments. Good luck!
I bottle feed and with all my kids I put them in my room with me for the first few months. I have to hear them.. I would go insane if I couldn't. it makes me feel better when I do. that is my opinion. Everyone is different! :) good luck.. your getting there!
I bottle fed Crew and had him sleep in our room. Here is what you do...Keep a few bottles filled with water in your bedroom, along with the formula, and when the little angle wakes all you have to do is add the formula and try not to fall asleep while you are feeding her!
keep your bedroom! This beautiful baby is going to take over your life/house/thoughs/marriage...keep that small room for yourself. (it's totally worth it, and ok that they take over...but sometimes exhausting)
Put her in her room for sure. Morgan went in her room and I actually slept. Whenever we go out of town we have her in with us and we wake up every time she makes a peep. you will get much better sleep with her in her room. Also you won't have to transition her to her room, she'll already be used to it. It will be hard the first week because you'll want to check on her all the time, but don't worry. She will be just fine! and it is really nice to bottle feed! because daddy can help you at night so you can go to sleep or just have your time!
I agree with most everyone else. Put her in her own room from the beginning. I was worried about not hearing Emily, so we use a baby monitor that fixes that problem. And Kirkland (Costco) brand formula is a totally awesome/much cheaper knock off of Enfamil/Similac. It's $18 for 2 cans vs almost $40 for the same amount of the name brand. seriously. So if you're out to save some money, give the Costco brand a try. We loved it. Good luck! and ps, I thought they got all your brain tumor when you had surgery...??
Hey I just e-mailed you my response to this cuz I had way too much to say. But I had to comment on ONLY 13 DAYS TO GO! WAHOO!!!
Post a Comment