I have a confession to make.
I'm not who I seem to be.
I love all things stylish and modern. If I could afford it, I'd be dressed to the nine's in all things current. I love sleek lines, shiney surfaces, and geometrical shapes. Ultra-contemporary catches my eye. I look at the modern homes and drool:
I love big cities and fast cars. The sportier the better. Getting lost in the crowd is something I dream of. I love current music: alternative, punk, hard rock, etc. I love the punk look (though I would never attempt it). I'm just a child of the era.
Except....
I'm not.
Sometimes I dream of living in Kansas. I dream of fields of corn and wheat. I dream of a town with less than 500 people and porch swings and lemonade. I dream of kids playing in the yard from dawn until dusk. I dream of a small drawl in my voice because there's no rush getting out what I have to say. I dream of this:
How do I reconcile the two?


6 comments:
haha! We're facing the same kind of attraction to opposite lives.....if only we could do both....
How do you reconcile? Stay right where you are. ;]
Lots and lots of money so that you can afford a huge plot of land right in the middle of it all.
I feel the same way...it's hard, hu? I want a farm & a condo in NYC.
Ha! You do what I've done...plop yourself down in rural suburbia surrounded by corn fields, but glam up your interiors in that sleek contemporary style with your lottery winnings.
We're two of a kind!
J/K about the lottery though... you can't blame a girl for dreamin'!
You guys should come visit sometime!
You come live in LA and suddenly you'll realize that big city glam isn't all it's cracked up to be!! :)
Post a Comment