Saturday, January 9, 2010

Embarrassing Autumn (Save for future reference)

Yesterday was our first non-routine doctor appointment.  Autumn is constipated and so I took her to the doctor.  Everything looks ok, she's just backed up which means we have to wait to start solids for another week or two.  I was really excited about the whole solids thing, but I'll have to be patient.  I did, though, find a very cool website about how to make your own baby food, which I know doesn't interest everyone, but I'd like to give it a try.  Here it is if any of you are interested: http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/.  Anyway, kinda cool.

Autumn is now sitting up now.  We still have to be close cause she's not super steady, but it's so fun to see her grow and learn new things. 

She isn't, however, sleeping so good.  She hates naptime and gets up multiple times a night.  Kinda crazy cause she was sleeping 10 hours through the night, so this is new.  It's not a good new, so I'm really hoping this is just a phase that won't last too long.

Well, that's all for now.  I'll do better keeping this up to date.

1 comment:

Holly said...

I've used that same website as a reference when making baby food! In the end, some of it wasn't simple enough, and I don't know that making my own baby cereal and freezing it in ice cubes was worth the effort because of the mess and the icky texture once defrosted. But, I had great success with making what we call nana-cado (banana and avacado mix) and freezing it in cubes, as well as carrots, squash, and sweet potatoes.