Monday, June 20, 2011

It's a...

  BOY!!!



This pregnancy has been an interesting one.  I've had a lot more nausea, a lot more fatigue, and no feelings one way or the other as to the gender of the child--until last saturday.  For some reason, I started referring to him as a "him" in my mind.  So, I said to Brian, "Ok, I'm going on the record with just you.  I think it's a boy."  Brian didn't have feelings one way or the other, so he just smiled and said, "Ok, we'll see."

Today, my suspicions were confirmed!  We are having a little boy.  Brian and I had already picked out both a girl's name and a boy's name, so we were left waiting to find out which name we'd be using.  So, he will be Joshua Paul Furr.

I am excited, a little nervous, and really overwhelmed by the news today.  But, the best part is, is that he is healthy and growing normally.

Brian is excited too, but I think reality is hitting him a little bit at a time.

Autumn, well, she's not exactly thrilled.  We came home and asked her if she wanted a little brother.  She threw herself on the floor and starting screaming, "No brother!  No brother!"  Uh, oh.  She'll just have to get over it, here's hoping she will!

9 comments:

The Jessee Journal said...

Congrats! Boys are so fun :)

Emily said...

Congratulations! That's such exciting news.

Holly said...

Yay! And I like the name of course. You can't go wrong with good solid Bible names! ( :

Kalli said...

Hooray! one of each is sooooo much fun! Congratulations :)

Angie said...

Autumn's reaction just cracks me up! Uh, what can I say, good luck with that?! Actually, I'm sure she'll get over it and be completely thrilled about a brother -- eventually!

Anyway, I'm thrilled for you guys! It is so fun finding out the gender! Now you get to start collecting little "man" clothes!

Phannie said...

Congratulations! Yeah for having the number 2 be a boy.

Audrey Crisp said...

Congrats!!

Cheryl said...

Congradulations!!! Super excited for your family!! Well, I hope you're not too overwelmed. This one has been more difficult on me to. Maybe it's the Lords way of preparing us for some crazy boys! haha.

Mika McDaniel said...

Congratulations Kimber and family! That is SO exciting! So happy for you all! :)