So, I find it kind of funny to say that it's my anniversary because that word usually implies marriage or something else (another example escapes me). But today marks the day that my world changed. Here's the story:
I had been interested in Brian at the beginning of last year, but after a few short weeks it was obvious that he wasn't feeling the same type of interest. I had given up on him, but to my chagrin, had already asked him out on a date for February 24th. I had tickets to go to Mountain View High School's "Night On Broadway" and had decided to ask Brian because I knew he wouldn't mind going to something like that.
For a few days before the date, I was searching my brain for an excuse to cancel the date with Brian. I figured that if he wasn't interested, there was no need to waste my time. But nothing came to mind, so I went ahead with the date. I woke up the morning of the date and while getting ready for the day, rehearsed a speech I was going to give him about how I did like him, but I didn't want to date him because I was going to move to California to be a teacher out there. I had come to this decision only after it became apparent that he didn't have any feelings for me.
So, the day came and I waited for Brian to call me. He had asked if he could take me to dinner as his part of the date because I had bought the tickets to the performance. He finally called me at 2:00 in the afternoon and said that he'd be by at 5:00. When he picked me up, I was taken off guard because he looked so good! For those of you that know Brian, he didn't make it a habit of taking care of himself, but that night, he looked amazing. We went to Magleby's and enjoyed a nice dinner and had great conversation. I was so pleasantly surprised at how kind and charmng Brian was. I kept asking myself, "Why shouldn't I date him?"
We went to the performance and everyone thought we were dating and at that point, I was confused myself because I had decided to trash the speech and jump onboard if Brian changed his mind and his feelings for me.
After the performance, we went to my house to watch a movie. He didn't touch me once during the movie, but stayed for a long time after the movie and we just talked. Eventually, after a lot of talking, teasing, and tickling (which was SUPER annoying--the tickling that is...) Brian leaned in to kiss me. Just as he was about to he pulled away and I was confused and embarrassed as he said to me with a smirk on his face, "You thought I was going to kiss you!!!" All I could do was nod my head with my eyes as wide as they go. Well, he smiled and leaned in again and kissed me. That was it. I never wanted to kiss anyone else!
I got lucky. It's as simple as that!
7 comments:
Happy Anniversary! I loved the part about how Brian never used to take care of himself. I'm so thankful that my brother now has his own personal stylist! We knew he'd amount to something someday! ;oP
Congrats you to! I remember hearing all about it this...it made me laugh so hard because I lived with Kimber I new how on and off she was about men..and believe me she was on & off about Brian for a while!!
I love all of the new posts and the pictures. My first thought about the picture for this post was, "What a beautiful couple." My second thought was, "I gave Kimber that sweater." Tee hee. Love you and you are a great family. Thanks for the tag!
Such a fun story. And I totally went to the Night on Broadway, too! I don't know why I never put it together that that's when you guys started dating!
PS-wasn't the show awesome?!
PPS-glad you have a blog!
I too loved the never used to take care of himself comment. what would husbands do without us?
and I don't know the rest of the story! you left me hanging! Did he like you that whole time after all and was just being a ding dong boy or what? and what a mean but darling trick to play when he kissed you! :)
What a mean trick!! That's awesome!!!
OMG that is the cutest story! i'm happy for you! i love all your new posts and the pictures are pretty great!
Post a Comment