So, I found myself yelling at the dogs and taking away the toy that they were fighting over. I looked them right in the face and said, "If you can't play nice and share this toy, no one gets it!" Since when did these dogs become real children? I half expected them to turn to me and say, "Sorry mommy!" Wow, what have I done? At least they make me laugh at myself, though!
By the way, Buick has been doing so good with house training. We tied some bells to the handle of the screen door and anytime he has to go out, he just walks over and rings the bells. I read about this tip in a magazine and was desperate so I thought I'd give it a shot. The magazine said that you don't even have to teach this to a dog, you just ring the bell when you take them out and eventually the dog picks it up. Well, smart little Buick picked it up in less than twenty-four hours! Shelby on the other hand is content with only going out when Buick needs to. Oh, well, maybe she'll learn some day!
No comments:
Post a Comment