Monday, February 18, 2008

Here they are....

So, here are the rug rats.















Let's start with Buick.


He's a four month old lab. As far as we know, he's a purebred, but he's not papered or anything. He's got so much puppy energy and a lot of curiousity. He's got the funniest personality when he hasn't done something that makes you furious. The other day he was nipping at Brian, so Brian put him in his crate to calm down. Well, Buick didn't like that so much, so to express himself he lifted his leg and peed on the crate. It's funny now, but not so much when it happened. Buick is still teething, so he chews on everyone and everything, including Shelby, but she's a good sport about it.


Which brings me to:
Shelby!

She is a lab/chow mix, but Brian and I think that there is something else in her too. She's a little more mild than Buick, but definitely doesn't let me walk all over her! She has a personality like a cat, the the dexterity of one too! One day we realized that she can climb, so we have had to change her three foot high crate because it just wasn't going to work for her anymore. She is very cuddly when she wants to be, but won't do anything that she doesn't want to. I can get her to sit, but that may be the end of it. I keep trying other things and she won't catch on.




So, there they are. There fun, but a ton of work. I would say that they are about 85% house trained now, which is good because I am so tired of cleaning up their messes! It's been nice to have a little life in our home when Brian is gone, which is often. I hope that I can get through this puppy stage without killing them, though! Here's a few more pic's just for fun.
























































































7 comments:

Angie said...

Yay! A blog! I love blogs because I can keep up on everyone. It's like looking through a window into your life and I love that. I love seeing pictures of the "kids." I'm glad to hear that they're semi-house-broken now. Have fun blogging - I look forward to checking in once in a while!
-love anGela

Joanna McGuire said...

I am so excited that you have a blog now!! It is a fun thing to have, to keep up to date with friends and family. Your puppies are way cute and I bet a lot of fun. I might consider getting a small puppy or dog, we will see though.
Love ya cous

Nicoletta said...

Wahoo a blog!! Love the name of your blog and love the puppies!!! Can't wait to see them in person and can't wait for more posts!

Tiffany said...

you might be the bravest person I know. Good luck with your cute puppies and I hope they get fully house trained soon!

Jamie said...

Oh my goodness!! You're dogs are so precious!!! I WANT A LAB!! So, I found that you have a blog which makes me totally excited! Because I miss your guts. Hope all is wonderful in the life of Kimber!

Jennie said...

hooray for the blog! You guys look so cute and the puppies are adorable!

momfurr said...

You should be amazed that I managed to get on this! I'm glad you're doing this because then you can post all the things that I might forget to tell the rest of the gang. I never can remember who I have told what to!