Monday, April 7, 2008

Shelby and Buick (2 months later)

So, we've now been proud dog owners for a little over two months now and things are finally settling down. We haven't had an accident (you know what kind of accident...) in a few weeks now and Buick's teeth have all broken through the gums so he's not quite as chewy as before. The two dogs thoroughly enjoy playing together and now that the snow is melted (except for todays little storm which made me almost pack my house and move to Hawaii), the dogs spend hours outside running around and making baths just about pointless. So, it's been a fun ride and after looking through our camera, most of the pictures are of them!


So, the dogs have no respect for personal space. Just ask anyone who has made the mistake of sitting on our couch. The moment your backend hits the cushions, the dogs will be right on top of you, licking your face and wrestling with each other. Here's more proof:



Buick is too big to pick up anymore so Shelby gets the brunt of it. We love to pick her up and rock her like a baby. She hates it, but we think it's hilarious!


The two of them sleeping is a riot. In the above picture, Shelby's paw is on Buick's face and anytime he'd move, she would press her paw against his face to keep him from invading her space.


Every once in a while, the two of them will cuddle. It doesn't happen very often because Shelby isn't a huge fan of Buick's sleeping habits which include snoring loudly and rolling around like he's possessed.

He sleeps very much like a person when he's sleeping on the couch. He sits up and sleeps with his head on the backrest. He also like to sleep on his back and take up most of the couch.



Recently, Shelby has decided that she doesn't want to be watched while she sleeps, so she hides under the curtains. No joke, on many different nights, we find her hiding behind the curtains with just her legs poking out. I think it's super cute!

Look close at this picture and you'll see Brian holding up Buick's hand like Buick is waving. Buick was asleep when Brian did this and it didn't even phase Buick. He slept right through it and even started snoring right after Brian dropped Buick's paw.
'
This is one of my favorite pictures of Buick. He just looks so snuggly!
Buick and Shelby actually looked at the camera!

Ok, so Buick loves to chew on cloth things and he found a pair of gloves that we've given up trying to rescue from him. Well, we decided that Buick should understand what gloves are really meant for, so we put the gloves on him and he couldn't get them off!

Our friends, Jerry and Erin, came down to Petsmart on Saturday to buy a fish. They ended up getting a puppy. They brought the puppy over to meet our puppies and it was so fun to see our dogs react to that little one. She was 8 weeks old and Buick is now about seven months and Shelby is about nine months old.

Buick was so gentle. He would go up to the puppy and nudge her gently or yap quietly to get her attention. She would turn around and he would hop off in one direction to try to get here to follow him. He loved playing with her.

The two puppies getting to know each other. I love the fact that they are both just puppies and that she will get as big as Buick. It only makes me a little sad that we didn't get Buick when he was that small. Anyway, Shelby was there too, but she didn't fall in love with the new puppy quite as much as Buick did. It almost makes me want a little puppy--almost!

Most dogs get baths. We don't have a tub, so our dogs get showers. They aren't very comfortable with the water splashing on them like it does, but they'll just have to wait until the weather gets nice enough that I can bathe them outside without getting frostbite.

Brian was a good sport about bathing them. I appreciated his willingness to get right in there with the dogs.
Finally, here's the both of them after their baths. I assume they are sitting in front of the heating vent to warm up and dry off after the ordeal.
So, those are the puppies so far. I think that they're stuck on something outside, so I'll go rescure them.

9 comments:

Joanna McGuire said...

What cute little babies, I mean doggies. They are your precious little babies. They are cute dogs and look like a ton of fun. I couldn't do it I am just not a dog lover, I know I am crazy.

Crewton said...

Having dogs is a blast. They are great practice for children.

Holly said...

Woah! You guys are brave to put up with doggie antics! I have no patience with dogs, though I sure didn't mind having schooner around when nobody else was home. They are very pretty dogs. ( :

Lacking Productivity said...

So I found your blog and now I'm stalking ;D

Angie said...

I love all the pictures! Looks like you're having a blast with your dogs. Dallin saw the pictures and said "those are scary dogs!" So I look forward to bringing him to meet them and hopefully showing him how un-scary they are!

Alicia Bunderson said...

Holy cow Kimber Buik is a giant...you need to bring them over so they can run in our back with our doggies...Daisy hasn't gotten big yet..with think shes a mini pincher cuz she ain't grownin...come over soon please!!!!

Tiffany said...

ok the pics of Brian in the shower scared me for a sec, since it looked like he was without clothes....yowzers! :) I feel great about you loving your dogs.

SarahLee said...

wait wait! Jerry and Erin -- Do they live in Heber?? And Does Jerry work for American Family Insurance? IF so, I have met them! :) My boyfriend works with Jerry! :)

Small world!

Cute pictures of the dogs!!! :) You're such a doll, Kimber, i love reading your blog!

Emily said...

You know, I never knew you were a dog person! They look very playful and happy :)