Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Maybe I'm just overreacting...

I consider myself to be a proud brunette. There are a lot of people out there that love to color their hair and it changes from blonde to red to black to brown and back again. I think that's fun for other people to do with their hair, but I've only colored my hair once and unless you saw me everyday, you wouldn't have been able to tell that I had changed anything (that was over a year ago for anyone curious). I love the fact that I'm the only dark brunette daughter of my parents and I love it when people look at pictures of Brian and I and say that we look so similar, but lately something has been changing and I'm really getting upset by it. MY HAIR IS TURNING RED!!! Don't misunderstand me, there is nothing wrong with red hair, in fact, it's quite pretty on a lot of my friends (yes, I'm talking about you Nicole). But, I'm a brunette! I'm not a redhead. I think the worst part of this all is that Brian is thoroughly enjoying it. I haven't quite figured out if he enjoys the idea of me becoming a natural redhead or if he just likes seeing me freak out.

6 comments:

Crewton said...

If I had pretty natural hair color like you, I wouldn't die it either. Unfortunately my hair is turning GREY!!! And I think Brian likes seeing you freak out about it, because Sheldon does the same thing. To them, hair is irrelevant, but to girls, it is and identity thing.

Alicia Bunderson said...

I love your hair! You have the most perfect hair..and it can't be red red, your hair is to dark to go red...auburn maybe, but that wouldn't be bad. Your beautiful!

Angie said...

Our bodies really do freaky things! Guys have no appreciation for what we go through as women. We can't even depend on our hair! Mine likes to fall out. Don't worry though, I think red highlights are to die for!

Holly said...

I think your hair will be gorgeous with some red in it! Mine has it too. You just can't tell because I butch it off all the time. I bet Brian just likes to see you worry about it. Sounds like him! ( :

Nicoletta said...

I'm upset because I had no idea your hair was turning red which means that I have not seen you nearly recently enough nor do I see you frequently enough. And I totally know about how upsetting it is to have your hair changing. My hair color has always been so unique; it definitely is part of my identity for myself as well as for others. Ever since my freshmen year at BYU it has been getting more and more brown and that bothers me. Like you said, it's not that I have anything against brown hair. It's just that I'm a red-head! (Or auburn-head to be more accurate) I don't want that to change! Sigh...Maybe we can figure out a way to switch these problematic changes we seem to be encountering...

Karyn said...

Ha! Ha! At least you're not finding white hairs...then you can overreact!