Sunday, March 16, 2008

"I Need Miss Bringhurst to Come to the Stage"

Here's my journal entry from March 16, 2007 (I'll insert other details that were left out of the entry):
"Today started like any other friday. We had a talent assembly today and Corey was playing in it so I was bugging Brian about coming. He sounded really wishy-washy about it which made me kind of mad.
(On this particular morning I was running really late. In fact, I was hoping to make it to the school before the kids showed up for class to start. Brian was texting me through this whole time asking me which assembly I was going to and where I was going to sit. I was frustrated because I was late so I was trying to get him to just wait until I got to the assembly.)
So I went to the assembly and Corey played the first song so I sent a text to Brian telling him that he missed it. Well, Brian texted me back and wondered if Corey was doing more than one performance.
After about six acts, the emcee people came out and announced a few names and then "something special" and then more names. I was thinking that maybe the "something special" was a bunch of teachers doing something silly.
As the "something special" got closer, I saw Brian's mom come in and then I saw his little sisters Melinda and Katrina. I was confused because Melinda should have been in school, but even more confusing was when I saw my mom there. As the curtains came up, I started walking back to talk to my and Brian's moms, but I heard, 'I need Miss Bringhurst to come to the stage." It was Corey. I walked up to the stage just shaking my head and thinking that Corey was out to embarrass me. (As I walked up I was planning my revenge. I was his health teacher at the time so I'd decided to fail him first and kill him later!) I had no clue what was really going on until Brian came walking out on stage. He put his arms around me and sang our song to me. (The song is Snow Patrol-"Chasing Cars")


I melted as he sang and the audience disappeared. He then got down on one knee and proposed to me. I couldn't believe it!


After, I was VERY popular with everyone giving me congratulations and telling me how sweet Brian is. I was useless at school. I ended up throwing a movie on because I just couldn't focus. I was a good day!


6 comments:

Dan said...

That story is cool in at least 8 different ways. I just want to go on record as saying that I thought you two were going to end up together since about 3 years ago.

It's not weird at all that my prom date (Sophomore year I think) is now married (Kimber, not Brian)...

Crewton said...

Ok, I am a total blog stocker and came across your blog!!! I was like "what the heck" yeah!!! it's Julie by the way, the very prego one. Welcome to the blog world, it is fun!!! Love the blog and the pics. Can I add you to my list now! How are things? I have like a million questions. Any way, so good to find you in the blog world. hope everything is going great for you!!

Joanna McGuire said...

That proposal was so cute!! I would have melted there too. You are so adorable cous and really we need to get together soon, it has been way too long

Cory said...

holy cow I would have died!! You are so brave! and funny that my little brother saw you get engaged.... :)
ps, my blog is private now, so email me at tiffany.leemaster@gmail.com and I'll add you as a reader if you want.

Robert, Melanie and fam said...

Hey Kimber! I was blog hoping and I ran into yours I hope you don't mind if Robert and i peek in on you once in a while to see how you are doing. This is such a sweet story! how cute!!!!! If you have it on video you should post it! I would love to watch it! So I didn't know you were a teacher! Is this High School? Talk to ya later! Keep in touch! Oh ya feel free to check out our blog. www.robertandmelanie.blogspot.com

redhotturkeypepper said...

lolz! :D i rememeber that day...i didn't get to see it tho! :( you told us you were gonna show us the video and you never did! you owe me! anyways that is a way cute story! :D