Monday, March 3, 2008

I'm Engaged!!!

So, I've decided that since I didn't have this blog last year when my life was really changing, I would relive those experiences on their anniversaries. So, today is the anniversary of Brian proposing...at least the anniversary of his first proposal. We had gone to an adult evening meeting for his stake conference and he was part of the choir that sung. I spent the entire time sitting in the congregation looking at him and trying to telepathically communicate with him. I chanted over and over in my head, "Marry me, marry me, marry me..."

After the conference, we got dinner and went back to my parents house. We were sitting in the truck talking and out of nowhere, Brian looks at me and says, "So, we're gonna get married, huh?" My reply was something romantic like, "Yep, I think so." There was silence for a moment as that sunk in for both of us. It was such a wonderful moment to just feel the peace that settled over me and I came to the realization that I was sitting next to the man that I'll spend forever with.

4 comments:

Nicoletta said...

Wow, gut wrenching feeling in my stomach and flutterings and tinglings all over. It's nice to remember those experiences and the absolute surety that was there. Thanks for sharing and helping me to remember...

Holly said...

Ha ha- I didn't know that you and Brian could communicate so eloquently! ( : I enjoy learning about you your relationship with my brother- since I have hardly had the opportunity to get to know you and see the two of you together.

Karyn said...

Wow! Congratulations! When's the date? I'll have to put it in my calendar. Hopefully this time I won't be about to pop!

J. Miyoshi Zuehl said...

I found you! P.S. that "marry me, marry me, marry me" is totally you... just the Kimber I remember... lol Congrats! btw... it's been much too long.