Thursday, February 26, 2009

One Week and One Day

In one week and a day, we get to find out what "kind" our little peanut is. (Granting that the little squirt wants to cooperate!) I'm so excited. Brian is convinced it's a boy and I'm pretty sure it's a girl, so we'll have to see who's right cause afterall, it's gotta be one or the other!

The time seems like it's gone by really fast and then again, July seems decades away. So, I thought, "I need to write down what happened when we found out this little one was on it's way."

We decided that we wanted to start the family in May, so we began this journey. June passed with no success, July passed also with no success. August I was sure I was pregnant, but that month also came and went with nothing happening! So, in late September, I kind of gave up and just decided that whatever happens, happens.

October passed and still nothing so I was a little surprised when November rolled around and I started feeling weird. That's how it was at first, weird. Not violently ill, not exhausted beyond belief, just weird. Well, I decided about three days before that *cough* time to test. It was a huge surprise to see a positive test, so I looked at it for a really long time and then I walked out to the family room where Brian was and I said something completely lame which I sadly don't remember, but I know it wasn't clever or whitty and he just looked at me in shock. Then we jumped up and down and hugged and kissed. Well, being somewhat skeptical by nature, I wasn't satisfied with just one test, no, over the course of the next two days, I took three more!

But here we are. So far so good! I'm still really excited and it gets more real and exciting with every nudge and kick the baby gives me!

7 comments:

Angie said...

Yay! I'm excited too! Woo Hoo!

CALL ME!!

Alicia Bunderson said...

It took me by complete surprise when I found out that we were pregnant. I took like 4 tests also! Yay I'm excited to find out what you are having!

Joanna McGuire said...

You are so cute and I can't wait to find out what my babies second cousin will be. You will have to call me and let me know on that day. It has been a hard journey for you and I am so happy everything is going good. I love you.

Holly said...

Ha ha, I love how you had to take several tests to make sure! ( : I'm glad for you that after a several month wait you were able to get pregnant without having to go through the whole fertility drugs, etc. mess. We tried for about 8-9 months before we got pregnant with Tabitha, so I understand how long the wait can be! I remember showing Ben the test and I think he was pretty shocked. He didn't say anything at all! I thought for awhile that he was upset. I think it takes a while for it to all sink in sometimes. ( : I hope you are feeling okay.

Cheryl said...

Hey, can you believe it! You're gonna know so soon!! We are so excited and are so glad that we are getting to share this experience with Brian and you.

Nicoletta said...

yea! I can't wait to hear! Just remember, you could still be surprised at delivery! :)

Jamie said...

AAAAA!!! You're pregnant!! YAY!! GOOD TIMES!!! ConGRATS!!! YAYAYA!

I'm excited...can you tell?!